Sunday, August 2, 2015

Vogue 8899 and McCall's 6958 Mash-up

 I wanted kind of an Anna Dress look, so I chose McCall's 6958 for the top and Vogue 8899 for the skirt. I had made the McCall's pattern before and I liked the fit, so I changed the neckline and cut it off at the waist.

 The fabric I found online, sorry I can't remember the name of the company. But if you find a spandex site that's really hard to navigate, that's the one. I searched for a cat print fabric and came up with nothing, but then while looking around there was cat fabric. You could only order whole yards. Strange, but I did get the fabric quickly.

This is what I put on this morning and proceeded to weed the garden and do some cleaning. No wrinkles or dirt and the skirt is long enough so I can bend over. I would always wonder on shows like "What not to Wear", when the woman would always say they couldn't dress up because it wasn't comfortable or easy. This dress is both, slip it on and you are good to go in public. Get dirt on it, throw it in the washer, simple.



3 comments: