Sunday, August 23, 2015

Vogue 1352

This is another one that had been cut out for a year and is now finally finished. I really love this knit fabric, but I can't remember where I found it. The sleeves are made from an old skirt from Casual Corner that I just could not part with. It is a silk with sequins. I should have lined this sleeves, but I just did not think of it at the time, oh well.

I'm very thankful that I read Amanda's Adventures in Sewing, where she blogged about this pattern. She had said that she has shortened the band by four inches and that's exactly how much I ended up cutting off too. I constructed and gathered the top, put it on and pinned the band to see if that was about right and it was, happy! I did leave the band wider (instead of folding it over and hemming). And that was about it as far as any changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment