I've been wanting to sew this pattern for a long time and finally the fabric and the pattern came together. Many have said how ugly this pattern is but I like it. I made a few changes, the sleeves are from McCall's 4510, because I thought something sans gathers would be better and because they fit on the fabric when cutting out. I also did not gather the neck band but I put elastic in the band so it would fit the neck better. Also, I put in a zipper and no kick-pleat. After my few flops, I'm glad to have something wearable.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Thursday, March 13, 2014
This dress was copied from Amanda's Adventures in Sewing. I think everyone wanted to copy this dress, not just me (but she's still the cutest). Her clothing is always so beautiful and wonderfully constructed.
I rarely use patterns twice, but this pattern is worth using more than once! The fabric was from S. R. Harris in the Minneapolis area.
Another dress not modeled because it does not look good on me. My stomach area just sticks out too much. I think I still might be able to wear it with a sweater or jacket, we shall see. This was easy to sew, comfortable to wear and the sizing was spot on.
The weather has been good for one thing...sewing. I've been wanting to try some new styles, but they really haven't worked out well. This one cuts across the widest part of the hip area and it's not flattering for me. I would have to shorten the back waist length and the sleeves to maybe make this pattern okay. When I shrunk the fabric the color in the print faded, but I forged ahead. I will probably donate this dress.