I'm on an easy sewing binge and this fit the bill! I used some leftover faux leather for the yokes of the dress and the fabric was from the red tag section at JoAnne's.
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Something easy to sew. I lengthened it about two inches. I had a floral print that I wanted to use with this stripe, but I just couldn't figure it out. So the stripe is the skirt and the other print will be a dress.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
I've had this dress ready to go since March, but the weather hadn't been cooperating.
The center portion is silk, the most expensive fabric I've ever purchased (Harts Fabric). I washed the fabric before sewing. The black linen lost all of it's hand so I used about three layers of spray starch. Silk is easy to preshrink, just hand wash in shampoo, wrap in a towel and iron dry. I do this with vintage scarfs that I find.
On this dress I added a casing on the front because I know from past experience that just adding a belt does not work because it just get bunchy.
I do like this dress, it's very comfortable.